Caring for your Garments and Making them Last
At Juste Moi, we want to ensure your purchases last as long as possible so you get maximum value for money. All our lingerie, swimwear and nightwear is of the highest quality and if looked after properly could bring you many years of comfort.
When you invest in premium products it is worth putting a little extra effort in to maintain them – but don’t worry we’ve worked out a way of caring for your garments that requires minimal fuss, time and effort!
Just please follow our handy care guide:
The golden rule: To keep things simple, always follow the care instructions given on the label of your garments. To give you an idea of what is required, this usually means:
For lingerie and nightwear:
- Wash garments only when needed; bras can be worn more than once before washing.
- Unless the label states otherwise, we recommend washing by hand for the best results and to keep your gorgeous garments looking pristine for a long time.
- Wash in warm water (max. 30°C) with a mild detergent (e.g. one specially designed for delicates).
- Avoid wearing new swimwear in the sauna or jacuzzi. Try to stick to older garments instead as saunas and jacuzzis can damage swimwear quite quickly.
- Try to avoid too much contact with chlorine and sunscreen and after any contact, rinse garments immediately with a detergent.
- Rinse swimwear immediately after every use in clean water, at the temperature recommended on the label (usually cold water or up to 30°C) using a mild liquid detergent designed for delicates.
For all garments:
- Simply give your garments a few quick dips in the water, there’s no need to wring or rub them, then rinse them with clear warm water – it only takes 2 minutes!
- Drip dry - for example over the bath, on a washing line, or on a drying rack with a towel underneath. Hang bras and bikini tops by the central front panel to dry evenly. You can also dry flat on a towel.
- Only put garments away once they are completely dry – and, good news, never iron them!
Following these few steps is really easy and the washing process only takes 2 minutes, even by hand – plus it leaves your garments looking great for longer.
Here’s what our customers say:
’I always thought handwashing was a big hassle, but it’s actually really quick and easy.’
‘It’s actually easier than machine washing because I don’t have to worry about lingerie bags or which items I mix things with and it takes a fraction of the time so I can wear things again sooner.’
‘My garments have lasted so much longer – I’m still wearing things I bought years ago and they look great – when you pay for quality, it pays to look after it too!’
However, we all live in the real world, so if you find hand washing a hassle and prefer to use a washing machine, we understand! In that case, we suggest you minimise damage by:
- always putting your garments in a sealable lingerie/washing bag
- filling the drum up to no more than a third of its total capacity
- only mixing with other small items
- putting the machine on a “low speed” cycle e.g. 30°C or a “delicate wash”
- using a mild liquid detergent
If you do decide to machine wash and follow these steps you’ll hopefully maximise the wear you get from your garments. However machine washed garments do look different to hand washed garments and sometimes you can get unlucky and find items get damaged. If this happens, unfortunately we cannot refund, exchange or repair them when they have been machine washed or where damage has been caused by not following the washing instructions on the label.
A few No Nos:
- Never use bleach, fabric softener or a wool wash detergent
- Never let garments soak
- Never wring or rub garments
- Never put garments in the tumble dryer
- Never put garments on a heat source such as a radiator.
Happy washing and here’s to long lasting lingerie, swimwear, nightwear and loungewear!